*Winter Workshop 2020*
‘Keep Warm & Comfortable on the Winter Trails’ ~ led by our pro wilderness guide Lisa Pugh
Lisa has years of Voyageur Outward Bound trail & teaching experience. She’ll share methods & skills that will not only enhance your comfort while active during the coldest days of winter, but will also keep you safe. Fine tune your skill set for a better winter experience!
February, Fri 7 – Sun 9
Our Workshop coincides with the Opening Weekend of the 2020 Ely Winter Festival. Nobody does Winter better! It’s the perfect opportunity to LEARN & PLAY in our stunning, snow-filled North Woods. Please join us.
- WORKSHOP package price: $350 per person – women only. Contact us to register & receive your information packet – limited to 8 students.
- FRIDAY 3:00 pm. Check-in begins in our lovely on-site Guesthouse , two night stay included in package price. An easy walk to restaurants, retail stores, and Whiteside Park, home to amazing Snow Sculptures!
- FRIDAY 7:00 pm. Gather for ‘Welcome & Introduction to the Weekend.’ Wine, hot teas, and goodies included.
- SATURDAY 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Kick off this day of instruction indoors with Lisa, then head outdoors to travel by snowshoe for hands-on practice in the wilds. Class Focus: 1) Learn proper layer for winter activity. Thermo-regulate to achieve optimal comfort. 2) Learn to identify & harvest quality dry wood, and efficiently build a fire, whether it’s a campfire or firing up that portable wood stove in the hot tent on trail. Necessary trail gear & lunch is provided.
- SATURDAY 8:00 pm – ?? We’ll have a Snowtrekker tent , heated by wood stove, on-site at WWD. After you’ve enjoyed dinner at one of several restaurants around town, or made your own in our guesthouse kitchenette, join us in the hot tent for a cup of cheer while we introduce you to the basics of the winter camping experience. You might just fall in love with hot tenting and decide you’d like to camp out this evening! This unique opportunity is optional & included in the workshop. We provide the necessary gear to keep you cozy. However, if the comfort of the guesthouse calls you indoors, that’s OK too.
- SUNDAY 7:30 am. Rise & shine, and join one of our local Yoga instructors for a 1 & 1/2 hour on-site. Pack your own mat. (We’ll cover you if you don’t have one.) Following Yoga, we host a fine brunch and an informal Q & A to wrap up the weekend. Done by noon to hit the road for home. Or better yet, extend your stay and take in all the Ely Winter Festival has to offer! Let us know in advance if you’d like to rent additional day(s) in our guesthouse.
To register for February Workshop, please contact us as soon as possible. We’ll email you the necessary documents.